Healing with Ayurveda - A Journey of Self-Discovery
Apr 21 - 23, 2017
Ayurveda gives you the tools, steeped in 5,000 year old wisdom, to unlock your unique path to good health. Through careful examination of the basic principles of Ayurveda, you can determine your individual mind-body nature and learn how to apply them to your own life for mind, body and spirit healing.
*Please note that this program's registration is currently by waitlist only*
To be placed on our wait list please contact Leslie@mountmadonna.org
BENEFITS & HIGHLIGHTS
- Learn the basic principles of Ayurveda
- Determine your individual mind-body nature
- Develop a unique-to-you diet & lifestyle conducive to your nature, promoting health and longevity
- Examine root causes of indigestion, aching joints, low energy & other health issues
- Learn and practice Ayurvedic self-massage
- Cook a balanced, healthy meal together
- Practice daily yoga (postures, breathing & meditation)
Pratibha Melissa Queen, RYT 500, Clinical Ayurveda Specialist
Pratibha completed the Ayurveda practitioner program at the California College of Ayurveda in 2004. Grounded in Yoga practice since 1976, she became a Registered Yoga Teacher-500 in 2002. Pratibha teaches Restorative Yoga, Introduction to Ayurveda, as well as Yoga and Ayurveda, at the Mount Madonna Institute and Salt Spring Centre of Yoga in Canada. She has served as a Secretary of the Mount Madonna Institute since its inception in 2006.
Danielle (Siri Radha) Knight, CAP, RYT
Siri Radha is passionate about using food as medicine and reconnecting to our true nature through mother nature. In addition, she is experienced in Ayurvedic bodywork and cleansing procedures. Her great joy in life is sharing the ancient wisdom of Ayurveda and Yoga through teaching workshops, Hatha and Kundalini Yoga classes and healthful cooking.
(including tuition, meals, lodging, and facilities use)
|Commuting (Day use, meals & facilities)||$373|
|Dormitory (4-7 to a room)||$461|
|Triple (3 to a room)||$483|
|Double (2 to a room or cabin)||$505|
|Double with Bath (2 to a room)||$531|
|Single (1 to a room or cabin)||$571|
|Single with Bath (1 to a room)||$623|
- A deposit of $100 is required with registration. Balance is due upon arrival.
- CANCELLATION or CHANGE in REGISTRATION
Deposits are non-refundable and are not transferable to another person. For cancellations received at least 2 weeks before the program starts, the deposit less a $50 fee will be credited to any other program within one year. No credit is available for cancellations less than two weeks prior to the program start date, for no-shows, or for leaving an event early. Housing changes incur a $20 change fee.
- Registration check-in for this program is from 4:00 pm to 6:30 pm.
- Dinner is served from 5:30-6:30 pm on Friday and 5:00-6:00 pm on other days.
- If you will be arriving late, please ask us to save a dinner for you.
- Orientation begins at 7:00 pm.
- The program will end at 1:00 pm on the final scheduled day.