Want to expand your healing practice? Join us for a full 3-day intensive study and practice of Ayurvedic bodywork therapies. Expand your healing practice to include these ancient, time-honored techniques and help your clients cleanse and maintain optimal health for years to come. Participants will need a basic knowledge of the foundational principles of Ayurveda, including tridosha theory and function, 7 dhatu principles, actions of the gunas, understanding of agni and ama, and dina/ritucharya).
In this 3-day intensive, you will learn:
- Ayurvedic therapies, including warm oil and marma massage, for the mind as well as those for reducing aches, pains, and for purication.
- How these treatments lead to physiological and cellular cleansing, rejuvenation and mental balance.
- How to choose and prepare herbal oils, including the use of essential oils.
- How to perform abhyanga (Ayurvedic massage).
- The benefits of cleansing techniques such as swedan (sweat therapy).
- The use of shirodhara (head oiling) to promote calmness & relaxation.
- Techniques of marma point massage therapy, as well as nasya and carna basti.
Jeff & Susan Turner, CAP
Susan and Jeff Turner, CAP began their Ayurvedic studies with Dr. Vasant Lad at the Ayurvedic Institute 1995-1999. It was also their good fortune to study concurrently with Dr. Sunil Joshi, renowned Panchakarma expert. Susan is a Registered Nurse and Jeff has advanced skills in Applied Kinesiology. Together they established Living Ayurveda in 1998, offering Panchakarma and individualized healthcare programs. They live and practice on the Monterey Peninsula in California. www.living-ayurveda.com
(including tuition, meals, lodging, and facilities use)
|Commuting (Day use, meals & facilities)||$463|
|Dormitory (4-7 to a room)||$551|
|Triple (3 to a room)||$573|
|Double (2 to a room or cabin)||$595|
|Double with Bath (2 to a room)||$621|
|Single (1 to a room or cabin)||$661|
|Single with Bath (1 to a room)||$713|
- A deposit of $100 is required with registration. Balance is due upon arrival.
- CANCELLATION or CHANGE in REGISTRATION
Deposits are non-refundable and are not transferable to another person. For cancellations received at least 2 weeks before the program starts, the deposit less a $50 fee will be credited to any other program within one year. No credit is available for cancellations less than two weeks prior to the program start date, for no-shows, or for leaving an event early. Housing changes incur a $20 change fee.
- Registration check-in for this program is from 10:00 am to 11:00 am.
- Dinner is served from 5:30-6:30 pm on Friday and 5:00-6:00 pm on other days.
- If you will be arriving late, please ask us to save a dinner for you.
- Orientation begins at 11:00 am.
- The program will end at 6:00 pm on the final scheduled day.